Tuesday, June 12, 2012

two years ago today


me and my hot hubbs
Today is my two year wedding anniversary! I am the happiest woman in the world.  My husband and I were married on the beach, toes in the sand,at home on maui.  It was the most beautiful day with lots of friends and family around.  

The past two years have been crazy, fun, new, and full of love.  I could not have found a better, more loving man to spend my whole life with.  


A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12






my beautiful bridesmaids whom i love with all my heart

I got so many compliments on my bridesmaid's dresses and questions about where we got them.  I loved them so much and they were a wonderfully inexpensive choice.  I wanted to have a laid-back style of wedding and did not want to spend too much money.  These dresses were about $20 a person (depending on size AND remember this is crazy-expensive pricing maui pricing).  I am going to attempt to recreate this dress under $15.
p.s. my bridesmaids were all shapes and sizes: petite, tall, curvy and pregnant.
so this is great for anyone!

you will need:
-about 2 yards of rayon fabric (stretchy-ish fabric works best)
  - i found this online for $5.80/yd
  - the length all depends on how much you need to go around your body twice
-sewing machine and thread to hem
-ribbon or belt to fit waist

step one:
sew a hem all the way around the edge of the entire length and width of fabric to secure and prevent any fraying.

step two:
tie the fabric...a helper will come in handy!
-hold the fabric open (horizontally) behind you
-hold onto one corner and wrap the fabric around your body twice                  (we don't want it to be see-through!)
-tie a knot (at the middle of your back) with the corner you are holding and a handful of fabric from the part you wrapped around.
-take the leftover fabric and tuck it into the dress or let it hang.


-no worries! i will be putting up a video or pictures soon to help, but right now i am off to the lake with my husband to celebrate our two years married!

step three:
add a belt or piece of ribbon at the waist and accessorize!

BONUS:
The length of the dress can be altered to your liking!

Happy Dressmaking!
lulewbelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment