Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY : letters on things

Finally got around to it!  If you have read my posts or have gone shopping lately, you would know that letters on things (not sure what you call it) has come back into style and popularity.  I have seen them everywhere.

So here is my DIY...
With a little help from pinterest, this is what I came up with.

letter on a mug:
- using a sharpie, draw letter of choice on a mug (i got mine from the dollar tree)
-bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes on 350 degrees fahrenheit
-take out an cool...use nail polish to decorate or add color

you can look up the font or style and sketch it with a pencil first or even make a stencil!
just google it!

if you paint the near the bottom of the mug, be sure to keep the bottom rim clean or in might stick to the table.

letters on makeup or dish towels:
-find your favorite towel (i got mine from the dollar tree)
-use fabric paint pens, puffy paint, etc. to add the letter to the bottom center of the towel.

*when using puffy paint, be sure to press the paint into the fabric with a brush or the tip to prevent the paint from cracking or peeling off.

I made these as a gift for a friend and I love the turnout!
I hope you found this helpful! You could add letters to most anything and use any medium to do it!
I might need to try it with bleach, dye, buttons, string, anything!

happy lettering
lulewbelle

No comments:

Post a Comment