Thursday, June 7, 2012

skinny wallet summer challenge

I have wanted to start a blog for some time now and was just never consistent enough. A friend of mine, lifeinthemoment, did a really cute dress challenge that she just completed and I thought it would be a great way to start. 


So I have decided to do the skinny wallet summer challenge! *crowd goes wild* 


I am challenging myself to post creative things to do over the summer that can be done with a very skinny wallet or very tight budget. Hopefully it can give you some ideas to make your summer fun and your wallets fat! this first post will be a DIY!


Are you sick of having too many eyeshadow quads? Sick of that huge bulky eyeshadow palette?


do you want to turn this...


into THIS!


you will need:  
-all these things i already had except the new palette case and mod podge ($8 at Michaels)

flat headed sharp tool
super glue
small container with attached lid
i got this "lint a hand" from francesca's for $4.95
...and all the eye shadow palettes, quads, trios, duos, etc... you want to make more convenient for use!



step one:  depot old eyeshadows

Use your tool to gently pry the shadows from the palette.
-if you squish down the case, it is easier to wedge underneath of the pan
                          

step two: prep new palette caseI created a new cover to my palette using scrapbooking paper and mod podge!You can see my eyeshadows laid out in order that I took them out of the old palette so I can remember the names of each of the eyeshadows.  I thought about labeling them on the inside lid of the new case, but i decided not to in the end.



step three: fill new palette with shadows   

I was able to fit the whole UD Book of Shadows and two Revlon 
trios in this box and it fit perfectly snug!   
                                                                          


*I used super glue because I know I won't use up these eyeshadows for years.  If you want to make it a more versatile palette, you could line the bottom of the new case with magnetic tape.  That way you could swap out eyeshadows whenever you feel like it!


Have a blast creating your own eyeshadow palette!
lulewbelle <3

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I love what you did. To be honest I had no idea what you meant when you tried to explain this to me, but now it totally makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and we're going to have to talk about comment moderation!

      Delete